Last Modified: October 22, 2019
Information Collection and Use
In connection with your use of the Platform, we may also ask you provide information that is about you but individually does not identify you. This information includes: (i) information that you provide by filling in forms in the Platform (including your name, email address and location), (ii) information you provide at the time of registering to use the Platform, subscribing to our Service, posting products or donations, and requesting further Services, (iii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us, (iv) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, (v) details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders, (vi) information you provide when posting a product through the Platform and (vii) your search queries on the Platform.
You may also provide information for publication or display (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Platform, such as when using the listing feature on the Platform (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Information. We collect non-personal information that does not individually identify you. We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Services to the Internet connections and equipment that are used to visit the Platform. For instance, in order to make the Services better, we may collect information on: how long you use the Services; whether you have used the Services before and on how many occasions; how frequently you use the Services; and at which point you exit the Services. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Services. Information collected this way includes: (i) details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Platform (including how you conduct any searches for products and a history of those searches); and (ii) information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The Platform also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access the Website or download the App and delete the App from your device. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Platform statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
Third-party Service Providers
We may disclose Usage Information and aggregated information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your Personal Information, at your direction, in connection with your use of the Services, the contents on the Platform, to provide you with any other information, products or services that you request from us, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with or disclose it to contractors, Service Providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, all of whom are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Business Transfers: In the event that LittleWins is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
- Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Disclosed when Collected: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Advertising: We may also use your information to contact you about similar third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Communications: If you do not wish to have your email address used by LittleWins to promote our own Services, products, or third parties’ services, or to provide you updates on your account or use of the Services, you may select the kinds of promotional and reminder messages you will receive by modifying your account settings. You may also opt out of receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” link contained within the promotional messages.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of any information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Children Under Age 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Platform or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.